Old July 23rd 05, 03:32 PM
Charlotte Hippen

I have heard a couple of different time and from different sources that car
seats that are in accidents or are more than 5 years old should be replaced.
The reasoning is that age and stress from an accident can weaken the plastic
causing them to fail during an accident. On my freecycle we had a post just
a couple of days ago from a women's shelter looking for car seats and they
stated that they wanted them to be less than 5 years old and not in an
accident. If you do offer them on freecycle or donate them make sure you
inform them of their age so they can determine whether or not they want to
take/use them. Otherwise I think your only choice is to "landfill" them as
most places like Goodwill and Salvation Army won't take things like car
seats (IIRC).

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

"frood" wrote in message
om...
I now have a pair of car seats that I no longer need. Spike and Giles just
moved up to booster seats. They are 5 years old, but I swear on my fabric
stash that they have never been in a car accident, not even a fender
bender. Can I offer these on freecycle? If not, what am I supposed to do
with them? They are a major brand, and were top-of-the-line when purchased.

Can you believe the girls are going to be 5 in 3 weeks?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply