Old February 27th 04, 03:11 AM
Cathy Weeks

I can't quite picture what you're doing. Are you running the corner molding
from floor to ceiling or baseboard to ceiling molding? Are you using thick
molding that sticks out beyond the ceiling and floor molding? I don't think
that will look good. You can do away with corner molding. I use small
quarter round molding in the corners. The curved end faces out. It's
hardly noticable and it gives the room a nice finished look. I run it from
the baseboard to the bottom of the ceiling molding.

Well, the plan is to get a little miter tool of some sort. On a
normal corner, we'd have baseboard moulding, and the two pieces would
have a 45 degree angle cut, so the two pieces of baseboard will fit
together nicely. The part I can't figure out is how to integrate the
vertical corner moulding (and I was planning to use quarter round - I
don't like the L-shaped corner moulding I've seen so far) Do I just
end the quarter round at the baseboard, or is there some sort of cut I
should make to integrate it INTO the baseboard?

Does that make more sense?

Cathy Weeks