Old October 4th 03, 12:06 PM
Trishty

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:22:39 GMT, duh who wrote:

Ok, just got my Wild Ginger software in. Its asking for a couple of setting
I'm not sure of.

One is facing width. I'm doing a coat. What's an adequate setting? 1.5
inches? 2 inches.

The other is hem allowance. What would that be, about 1 inch? 1.5 inches?

I go for the deeper option, if the fabric is opaque. Garments generally
hang better with deeper hems, IMHO (I usually double mine), and I notice on
higher-end RTW the hems are usually deeper, and so are they on vintage
clothing, which is generally better made than modern clothing. I have some
coats and jackets with facings up to 4-5 inches deep, especially if there
is no lining. It usually goes hand in hand with a wider seam allowance.

Agree with what Melinda says re binding. Looks very good on Mandarin-style
jackets.

Don't forget to sign up to Patternmaster Chatter, too. I don't know who
else on there is using PMTM, but it's worth asking.

Trish