Old October 8th 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default Nordic Needle

I got a Lowery floor stand almost 20 years ago and I still find it to be
the one I like best of the 4 I have. I am currently working on Dyan
Allaire's of Kustom Krafts, Santa's Helpers. Sharon in MN.

Sharon, is this the piece you're working on? I had some trouble looking it up, but if it's this piece I like it a lot:

http://kustomkrafts.com/shop/images/9975.jpg

I should have gotten a stitching floor stand long before now but didn't want to fork out the cash. The Lowery Stand was patented over 30 years ago (in 1986) and I think it's just too costly...with the accessories I needed it came to over $200. It's essential for ergonomic stitching and I'm happy to have it, but geez, it seems everything in the needleart hobby is way too expensive. I suppose it's that way for all hobbies being that they're considered "luxuries." Sometimes I wonder if the exorbitant prices have contributed to the downfall of this art.

Funny side note: I want to start stitching Mirabilia's Snow Queen this winter and have purchased the pattern, the fabric, and the longer scroll rods....but I've been hesitant to buy the thread/accessory pack as it's well over $100.

Snow Queen pattern: http://www.123stitch.com/item/Mirabi...attern/16-1207

Fabric I've chosen: https://www.youthfulhandsneedlecraft...der-twilight-1

I was asking my husband if maybe he'd like to get the thread pack for me for Xmas, and he said, "oh hun, Xmas is so far away, you'll probably run of things to stitch before then!"

(*crickets*)

I finally managed to stammer, "thanks for your concern darlin', but I think I'll be ok."

Clearly he hasn't been watching the packages arrive from 123stitch lately, nor has he seen my stash. If he had, he'd know I have enough stitching to last me until the apocalypse!