Old September 2nd 17, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default A Finish!

Loved seeing the pics...thanks for posting them. I like how your great g-ma's sampler is clearly designed by a young girl who chose her own colors. You just don't see stuff like that done anymore, as most people use patterns these days. It had a really nice "character" to it.

All the samplers are lovely, but I particularly like the white on white one....is that hardanger? It looks a little different than the hardanger I'm used to seeing, so maybe it's something else, but I love all the interesting stitches on that one.

Can you believe I've been stitching for over 30 years and I've never done a band-type sampler like the ones you've shown? I need to get one ASAP!

A fun side note: I've found a new project for fall (imagine that, something new to start). It's called A Wicked Plant by Barbara Ana Designs, and I'll be stitching it on some hand-dyed orange fabric. See it he http://www.123stitch.com/item/Barbar...-Pattern/C8809