Old April 30th 17, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default Dizzy Daisy Quilt

On 04/28/2017 09:32 AM, wrote:
This is what I am working on right now

I watched the video of Jenny making this quilt, or at least the blocks
for the quilt. I thought the "Dizzy Daisies" kinda looked like rocket
ship docked at a space station (perhaps you need to be a science fiction
fan to see them this way).

Maybe you could make the "petals" out of some kind of silvery-metallic
fabric so they look even more like spaceships, and use dark blue or
black material with white dots for the sashing and make a quilt that
sort of looks like a spaceport for a science fiction fan.

Maybe you could even sew in to one of the outer borders strips that
spell out the words "Space docking port DS9," using a technique some
thing like this:
http://thedesignest.com/sew-on-letters/.

I was about to say "a quilt for a boy" instead of "a quilt for a science
fiction fan." I don't think that I am going out on a limb to theorize
that there are more male science fiction fans than female ones, but I
think there are plenty of males that just hate science fiction, and
there are plenty of females that quite enjoy it.

--
My Yonkoma: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian0...57680223526176

The E-mail associated with the account is a "spamcatcher" account that I
got to every couple of months to empty out, and anything sent to it will
not be seen for probably several months, if it is seen at all.
Brian Christiansen