Old March 2nd 17, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Eterna Silk Floss

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 2:02:40 PM UTC-7, Violet Stitches wrote:
Hey Cheryl. Before you purge everything, you may want to read my post about stitching while disabled. You might still be able to stitch in some capacity with a few modifications!

That said, I'm also disabled and had to give up certain kinds of crafts altogether, like knitting and crocheting. I've also given up a lot of my bigger needlework pieces because I can't commit to that many hours of stitching when I'm in so much upper body pain. I do still enjoy stitching on a smaller scale and on a more limited basis, and I've reduced my stash to patterns I simple *have* to stitch. Any pattern I purchased that doesn't absolutely sing to me when I get around to actually sewing it, I donate to charity.

Good luck with your journey forward, whether you keep stitching or not!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ns/UPRahPZAaTI

Hi Violet,

Thanks for telling me your story and for the link. My conditions are due to walking with crutches for most of my life. Now that I've gotten older, it seems it takes longer to recover from exericise or a fall. I will try some of your tips to see if they help relieve the aches and pains. My problem is, I don't want to stop once I get going!!

I have not purged everything, but have certainly pared down my stash. There are a few patterns that I won't give up, and I still have one very large UFO that I may try to work on.

Anyway, thanks again for the tips, and stay well.

Cheryl