Old January 7th 17, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

Default 2017, should we try to revive the group?

wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 09:54:45 -0500, Nyssa
wrote:

Rich wrote:

I wrote before that I come here once a week, Saturday
morning, to catch up. Usually there is not much to catch
up on. Nice to see some posts this morning.

I recently finished Ross's White Tiger and just finished
a little owl. Now I am working on a patriotic sampler.

Rich in Delaware

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:00:28 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess
a lot of us are in the same boat.

So, what are we all up to with our stitching?

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so
WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them
out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation
where each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that
is a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking
our time. I am half finished my share of this project.
Then I am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting
my attention - this one the owner doesn't need back
until after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get
to feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc.
One new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save
the Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start
on Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary

I check the newsgroup several times a week, and usually
find zero posts, so move on. It would be great if we could
put some life into it again.

Like several others have posted, I'm doing more knitting
than stitching these days, mostly because I was given a
big load of yarn a few years ago when a neighbor passed
away. She was a avid needleworker and knitter, but her
family only wanted to keep her finished projects, so I got
most of her patterns, books, and stitching and knitting
materials, including a floor stand which is still in the
box.

And my Dazor blew a switch a couple of months ago...again.
I've gotten the replacement part from Dazor, but haven't
gotten a chance to do the repair yet. Maybe once it's
working again, I'll get the stitching urge again.

Currently working on a knitted, striped afghan...six
stripes down, four to go, plus finishing. Too many
stitching UFOs and designs to list.

Nyssa
At River's End

I usually knit socks to give away, they are well received
in our
climate! However, three years ago osteo turned up in my
left thumb and eventually had to have an op (they take out
the joint then secure the wrist joint to second thumb
joint with tendon) It's six weeks of sitting around in a
splint but an op well worth it, my left hand is
perfect now. However same thing is happening in the right
so in the near future I'll be in a splint for another six
weeks

I crocheted afghans for my kids when fuel bills reached a
peak a few years back so they could wrap those round their
legs instead of cranking up the thermostat - they liked
them and they were fun to do.

I belong to a knitting Guild and we also do a lot of
knitting for charity, warm hats, gloves, socks etc.

This current in-progress afghan will be a gift.

I've also finished a baby afghan this fall that had been
started by my deceased neighbor. She knitted a LOT looser
than I do, and it's obvious where she left off and I took
over. She had only done about four inches and had an error
in a previous row too. No doubt the error caused her to
put it aside to fix, then she never got a chance to get
back to it before illness took over. Another neighbor
has a great-grandchild on the way in the spring, so the
finished afghan will go to her granddaughter for the new
little one. Since the deceased neighbor lived right next
door to the expectant great-grandma and they were friends,
the afghan will have some connection to the family.

I've also knitted a new hat for that same great-grandma-
to-be this fall since she asked for one a bit longer than
the alpaca one I made for her last year.

So a LOT of my knitting goes to others too.

I agree about cuddling up in afghans to save on heat in
the cold weather. I currently am doing that while at the
computer. Another afghan knitted from that inherited
stash of yarn. I've still got enough of that inherited
stash for two more afghans and a shawl and sweater. Yep,
that lady was a stash hoarder for sure. At least it didn't
go to waste!

Nyssa
At River's End