Old September 25th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Connie \(Kendall\) Bartley

Default Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

Instead of unmounting your wood stamps, I'd try selling them on ebay or
trading them. They are very costly compared to the unmounted ones.

--
Connie K Bartley
Pages done for this month =

"Wave Jumper" wrote in message
Thanks for setting me straight on the TAC stamps not being clear. Guess I
was thinking of a different company, maybe Close to my Heart. I have a
friend who buys TAC stamps and now that I think about it they are
unmounted
and come with cling foam for you to mount them on. I use Static Cling
Mounting Foam; could it be the same thing just a different company? You
can
buy Plastic Storage Sheets that have three holes in them for storing in
three ring binders. Their website is www.rubberstampconcepts.com. I want
the easiest way to go about this process when I get serious and unmounted
all my stamps. I have some HALOS mounted stamps too and what a mess that
was, I won't do that again. I agree, KAI scissors are a must have item.

SAD

On 9/21/06 7:23 AM, in article
, "Alison"
wrote:

I'm all about unmounted anymore! I used to use HALOS, so most of my UMs
are
done with that system, but I'm in love with EZ Mount now (those little
black
loop fuzzies are ***everywhere*** in my stamping - which is really a bear
when trying to stamp with a solid image!), and won't be mounting any more
of
mine with HALOS from now on.

SAD, TAC's stamps aren't clear, it's just the mount that is... their
stamps
are regular rubber, and they use basically the "EZ Mount" system.

I don't like the impression made by the clear stamps so much... I'll use
them if it's a design I love and can't find elsewhere, but they don't
give
as crisp an image as rubber - they're too "squishy".

My pennies,
Alison

"Missy O" wrote in message
oups.com...
I personnaly started out purchasing all of my stamsp from SU and love
them, then about 3 years ago I went to a stamp convention here in
Minnesota and I met the lady who sold The Angel Company stamps. Well
the long and the short of it is that I had a workshop, saw how much
room I could save in storage and well I have never turned back. I have
even unmounted quite a few of my SU sets and so now I have 80 stamps
sets on my work table (as I keep them in a cd turntable) and right at
my finger tips and love that idea the most.

So what do you think? Mounted or Unmounted? I am just wondering.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
North Branch, MN