Old September 25th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Connie \(Kendall\) Bartley

Default Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

Hi I have bought some of the clear stamps and wasn't pleased as how they
stamped. What I did was take very fine sand paper and sanded the image a
little. Worked like a charm. There is a coating on the stamp to help release
it from the stamp machine maker and I think this is what sticks to the stamp
sometimes. hope this helps.

--
Connie K Bartley
Pages done for this month =

"Tom and Karen Brooks" wrote in message
I love unmounted stamps. I have thousands of stamps (I'm not
exaggerating!) and they are all stored in notebooks in a small TV stand.
Not only are the unmounted stamps less expensive but they take up so little
room. I use the EZ Mount system and I am SO happy with the way it works.
I have unmounted all of the stamps that I purchased over the years, so they
can be easily stored and cataloged. If I really liked the way a stamp was
shown colored on the mount then I colored copy the wood block and store
that picture with the stamps. It's really easy to find the stamp the I
want. Also, even though they aren't clear stamps, I can see through the
acrylic block to see exactly where to place the stamp.

If you do go with unmounted you should get a pair of KAI scissors, they
are wonderful for cutting rubber.

There are many places on the internet to buy unmounted, most of them also
sell sheets of stamps which are a tremendous bargain (that's why I have
thousands of stamps).

I have some of the clear stamps and I don't really like they way they
stamp. Don't really know what it is, but I just don't like them.

--

"Missy O" wrote in message
oups.com...
I personnaly started out purchasing all of my stamsp from SU and love
them, then about 3 years ago I went to a stamp convention here in
Minnesota and I met the lady who sold The Angel Company stamps. Well
the long and the short of it is that I had a workshop, saw how much
room I could save in storage and well I have never turned back. I have
even unmounted quite a few of my SU sets and so now I have 80 stamps
sets on my work table (as I keep them in a cd turntable) and right at
my finger tips and love that idea the most.

So what do you think? Mounted or Unmounted? I am just wondering.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
North Branch, MN