Old September 21st 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Missy O

Default Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

Wave Jumper wrote:
Unmounted for me too. I haven't bought any from the Angel Company but have
looked at them. I love their storage system. Someone told me clear stamps
don't give as good an impression as real rubber but I haven't tested that
theory. What do you think since you have them both. I'm an SU demo and
have asked the company about giving us the choice of mounted or unmounted
but haven't heard back about it.

SAD

I have hear good things and bad things about the clear stamps. I
personally love TAC well because I have to be honest with you all I am
a demo for them. I love showing people the reason why I went to
unmounted because when you two step stamp you can see through the
acrylic and be able to line them up better. Now I know that you can do
that with the clear stamps too, however, most people tell me the
impression they get from the clear stamp really isn't as nice. I have
also heard that the stamp sometimes peels off the acrylic and sticks to
the paper. Now please please please remember, that is just what I have
heard.

I have had a ton of questions like does the stamp rock when you use it.
Nope never had it rock. Why did you go unmounted? I went unmounted
when I purchased a Hero Arts stamp that was mounted kittywampus and had
to try and remember each and every time I used the stamp how to hold
it. So. . .. yes I still have that stamp, but I unmounted it. Another
reason was the price factor, TAC has 8 alphabet sets that is upper and
lower case, 0-9 and the exclamation characters for under $20. WOW
where do you find that?

Sorry got off on a tangent, just thought I would share. Just my $0.02
worth.

Inky Huggz,

Missy