Old January 2nd 05, 11:04 PM
Penny Gaines

BonnieBlue wrote in DyWBd.4480$2_4.4273@okepread06:

Actually, one of the ladies in my Fiber Arts Guild told us about a study
done that showed if the listeners were working on hand work of some
type...embroidery, knitting, crochet...they were more likely to retain the
substance of the presentation (or sermon, if you like). I think if I had
been knitting at the time when we were attending church I probably would
have gotten more out of it because I remember sitting there thinking of
all the other things I could have been doing and was not concentrating on
the lecture.

Oh that's interesting! I wonder if it is a left-brain thing. I definitely
concentrate better in presentations and other meetings if I have paper to
take notes on (even if all I do is doodle).

I know one woman who used to knit in church-related meetings - not the
sermons, but in church council meetings. she said it helped her concentrate
on the discussions, although other people didn't like it.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three