Old March 4th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Continental Style knitting

Please let us know Mirjam. *U can make joining the color almost
invisible if you do it like knitting. *It is called the joggles stripe
or joggles join. *Just do a search. *Emails me if you can not find it..

Dennis- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Dennis i know of many ways to join colors , but my first
priority is knitting it in the Round no seam!!!! And even though i
knit 2 seprate round sleeves i still like them to go in the same
tempo .
Until a Month + ago i just had 2 sets of DPS and knitted each sleeve
for 10 rounds than moved to the other ,,, Now i have aquired the
system of knitting them on 2 long circulars, each of them having 1/2
of each sleeve .....I am not sure that knitting back and forth as well
as keeping the 2 sleeves on the 2 Long circulars will come out nice or
will cause confusion .
It is true that i am not in any Marathon , but i am not the fastest
knitter in the world and i would like the sweater finnished this
winter!!!
by the way it is a ARAN pattern [ But no cables ] in it`s general
ides.
I strated with the neck band , knitted 2 shoulder panels , than i made
stitches on the panel + Neck band+ Panel ,,,, on both sides and now i
knit both sides [on same circular + 2 different wool balls ,, till the
armpits , where i will add the underarm stitches and than i can knit
the body to wanted lenght.
Than i will collect the Shoulder band st, add st, on theside of the
panels , add st on the `under armholes` st... and knit the sleeves
downwards ,,
I made the Neck band + the shoulder band from another color that the
main body ,,,
Thus one of the idea was to make the shoulder band =Diferent color all
along the sleeve ,,,but than maybe it would be better to knit the
sleeves length wise ,, [ which i did in another one ] ,,,,, No i
still have to think about it !!!!
mirjam