Old November 30th 03, 04:31 PM
Bloddy

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
From: "Bloddy"

....... There is a pattern (or geometrical shape/relationship) that

Tailors
use to
mark out a piece of material for cutting/stitching around corners that
retain the loci. ......

I am trying to picture this in my mind and am having a bit of

difficulty.

grin me also

Obviously, you aren't making a 90 degree turn around a corner like you

would if
you were going around the edge of the front of a table to the side of a

table
-- vertically . Are you making the right angle turn within the same

plane? As
in going along one edge of the TOP of a table and then making the turn to

go
along the adjacent edge of the TOP of the table -- horizontally? If

*that* is
the case -- 90 degree turn in the same plane, then you need to make a

mitered
corner somehow. There are many different ways to do this but anyone who

sews
much would know what it is you need.
would there be any diagrams online that you could lead us to? Might

make it
easier to understand just what info it is you need. CiaoMeow ^;;^

snip

Lets see if I can explain this in more detail. Using your example, the top
and bottom edges of the material have to follow the shape of the table in
the horizontal plane. Thus in the vertical plane all distances top and
bottom are the same in the perpendicular. However, and maybe the thing I've
not explained properly, when air is pumped into the skirt it flares or
swells to form a curve. The skirt swells up and looks like ...(I...

The bracket represents the skirt filled with air and the 'I' the side of the
craft. A mitre doesn't work because it removes material. I need to add
material. The skirt has to retain the (I shape around the right angled turn.
I hope this helps. I'll try to post a link in the next couple of days that
show the detail of what I need to do. TIA

Mmm... a cat lover. Thumbs up and tail high.