Old January 27th 16, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

Default Hello, do you trade fabric postcards

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 07:50:22 -0800, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello Group,
What is a fabric post card? Is it material you glue to a post card
of the item you are making or a quilt? I am in the dark, so please
explain.
Sandy$

There are lots of tutorials on YouTube (and probably elsewhere) that show
how to make them. Here is one of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtlGFdexJD0.

I looked at some others, and though they differed slightly in the
techniques, they basically consisted of the following steps:

1. Make a quilting block of some kind, the size, or at least the finished
size being 4"by6" (10cm x 15cm).

2. Zig-zag or satin stitch a piece of cardstock or scrapbooking paper to
the back of this quiltblock for the writing. I would think a 4x6 index
card would work, according to libreoffice, the European (A-series) size
would be A6.

Thus, basically you have a post card that has a quiltblock as the
picture, rather than a photograph like regular postcards.

It also might be a little more expensive to send since it is probably a
bit heavier than a regular postcard, and it cannot be sorted by machine,
it has to be sorted by hand.

Brian Christiansen (I think I should say that the email associated is a
real email address, but it is a "spamcatcher" address that I perhaps have
only been to twice in the past year, and that was just to empty it. So,
any responses sent to that address will probably not be seen.)