Old February 12th 04, 12:58 AM
Kandice Seeber

Again, soooooo well said. Thank you!! Damn, we're good here.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I also think that they need to consider that their
liberation front may not change the market to what they want to change it
to, because that just isn't the way it works on ebay.

Well, its pretty much not the way it works anywhere...except for maybe the
dollar stores.
Where you certainly get what you pay for. ;o)

While the group *is* trying
to get people to not post 99 cent auctions

And this was another point that I didn't quite understand. Who cares what

the
starting bid is? Its an auction. That is (or was) the whole point of the
place.
Live auctions work under the same premise. The auctioneer will attempt to
start the bidding at the least possible amount they feel is fair for the

item,
if that doesn't work, they keep lowering the opening bid. This tactic is

not
there to devalue the item. It is there to incite bids.
The more bids, the more percieved interest, the more interest, the more

bids.
We remain a simple minded species. ;o)
Plus there are usually shills in the crowd to avoid a loss.
If you are not confident in the fact that your item will sell for what you
perceive its value to be on an auction site, then maybe you shouldn't be

using
that medium as a sales tool.
I truely do understand that it is all good intent behind their concept.

But
there remains a few flaws that will keep it from becoming the idea they

are
after.

Here's what I posted there earlier today.

Oh, very well said Kandice. And I fear the lack of replies are again

because
we tend to be a simple species. It is always easier to go with the crowd
instead of against them. Most all of us desire approval and praise as

opposed
to confrontation or silence.
I, for one, agree with your comments and commend you for speaking your

opinion.

I also wish everyone good sales and validation in their worth.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com