Old February 12th 04, 12:54 AM
Kandice Seeber

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Exactly!! Thank you Tink for putting it so well.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

This is a really important point. The vast majority of my customers
buy my beads to collect and display, not to turn into jewelry. And not
to turn into jewelry to resell for a profit.

I've found that a lot of the people who buy my beads are collecting
them in the same manner one might collect... um.... teddy bears
(eeeeeek) or something. I think it's cool, and I really relate to
that, because I don't make or wear jewelry and enjoy lampwork beads
more from the perspective of their being art glass.

I think Rita's idea is a good one, but I agree that the whole concept
smacks of price fixing. I've been trying not to say anything about
this, but I can't hold my tongue any longer. LOL!

My personal opinion is, make what you want... charge what you want...
the cream will rise to the top. There are a lot of lampworkers out
there getting prices they are happy with. There are certainly plenty
of custormers out there ready and willing to pay what they need to to
get what they want. Therefore.... I guess the key is to examine your
work, improve your work, move forward, create what makes you happy and
hope that it strikes a chord in the hearts of designers and
collectors.

Tink

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:15:54 -0800, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

A lot of lampwork buyers on ebay are collectors who are fine with paying

higher price, so you are having to compete with them for auctions, as

well.