Old February 12th 04, 12:53 AM
Kandice Seeber

Also, I wanted to say in response to this - there are so many threads
started everywhere complaining about ebay or asking why ebay is slow, etc.
etc. ad nauseum. People need to try and at least search for other threads
like that before posting their own. There are communities on ebay for just
that kind of help. People need to read and do homework before posting.
There are those of us who have answered those threads time after time after
time who are really getting weary of it.
Questions are fine. If you're new at this, ask away - but please do some
homework first!! You say people don't know how to start. If they have
found their way to a newsgroup or forum to post their questions, they can
most certainly search the web for answers first. The web has tons and tons
and tons of information on how to lampwork, how to sell on ebay and how to
run a business. All I ask is for a little effort on their part before
expecting people to take the time and effort to type out a long explanation
about how to do whatever. That's all I ask.
Research first. Then, if you still have intelligent, well thought out
questions, post them! The majority of people here are really good at that.
On wet canvas, it's somewhat of a different story. Even with all the
helpful threads right there at their fingertips, there are still people who
post "why is ebay slow?" and "what's wrong with my auctions?". Do a
search - you'll see.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Anyone with a little talent can do this if they work hard at it, and
listen
to their customers. People complain way too much and tend to think this

is
an easy way to earn lots of money, and think they can do so without much
effort.

I understand that. But also, some people don't know how to start, or how

find out the information. Sometimes it's "laziness" (i.e. let eBay sell

the
item for me. If I put it on there, it should automatically sell with
5million bids). I think part of this is not just "let's set prices" but

the
education, also. It's not just support of "aww, poor baby, you aren't
getting your prices, but you need to raise them". But support should also
be sharing of hints and help. But not specifically "Here's the formula

for
selling your items and making a million like I do". I agree with most
people when someone comes on here, and says "how do I sell, and where?".
There should be some research, and also, each area is different. But
guiding, and hinting is good. And there *are* "here's the formula" sites
out there! :-)