Old May 15th 04, 01:48 AM
starlia

Kathy! That is wonderful news. You and Sooz both getting better? I'm
actually crying for you both!

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm not about to cry with

pain.
It's still there, a little, but the pain has reduced enough for me to

force
it out of my consciousness. For me, this is *huge.*

I went to YA doc yesterday, and he gave me some muscle relaxants. I had
taken Flexoril in the past, and reported that it had done nothing for the
pain, but just made me so stoned I didn't care. He gave me a newer

medicine,
Robaxin, which is supposed to make you less dopey, and is having me boost

it
with Ultram and Vioxx. (A pain med and an anti-arthritis drug)

I'm drowsy, to be sure, but I hope that will pass. But to be in such a

small
amount of pain that I can think about other things first is so amazing.

It's
only a short term solution, until I go see the surgeon in a month. Feh.

I'm
probably not going to get away without another operation, but I'll fight

keep it as low-key as possible, and not the drastic spinal

fusion/Harrington
rod nightmare I've been hearing about.

Now, I just have to remind myself that the bad stuff that hurts is still
there, and I shouldn't go overboard just because the pain is lessened for
now. I realized that I hadn't been miraculously cured overnight when I

tried
to play ball with Sophie this morning. And no, there are no miraculous

cures
that will enable me to do housework. Ever.

Kathy N-V