Old December 12th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default On topic: an author who "gets it"

On 12/11/10 12:42 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

I read this paragraph this morning, and immediately smiled and re-read
it, and re-read it again. Perfection!

"It was one of the pinafores Saffy had sewn when Merry first arrived,
made from a lovely piece of Liberty fabric ordered years ago, not
because Saffy had a project in mind, but because it was simply too
beautiful not to possess. It had languished ever since in the sewing
cupboard, waiting patiently for Saffy to find it a purpose. And now she
had."

Talk about relating....

From "The Distant Hours", by Kate Morton (who also wrote "The Forgotten
Garden", which has been discussed in this forum). page 353.

The book is a Gothic novel about an eccentric English family in a castle
during WWII and the child who lived with them during the war, with a
parallel story set in the 1990s that continues the family saga a
half-century on with the daughter of the child they'd sheltered. (How's
that for a nutshell encapsulation?)

Hope I've whet your curiosity!

Sue, you dangerous woman, you! And just when I cannot afford time to read,
but of course am avoiding everything I should be doing.....

Hope the holiday season is going well, must be busy with the new job,
Ellice