Old January 9th 04, 05:33 AM
melinda

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me wrote:
In checking the Hancock's of Paducah catalog, I find that Quilter's
Dream comes in 4 thicknesses- request loft, select loft, deluxe loft and
supreme loft. I've used the first two and it's very nice batting. I
have samples of the other two and I think they'd be excessively heavy
and kinda stiff. The cotton battings are much more dense than the polys
are. You could also try two layers of Warm & Natural or Warm and White,
but I think the same things would apply. HTH

Leslie (who seems to remember someone here tried two layers of W&N,
didn't they???)

I use 2 layers of W&N wool for my potholders. The last one I did there
was no way my machine was going to be able to quilt it, so I did it by
hand - stab stitch, cause to blocks were shoo-flys of baby/fine corduroy.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol