Old December 12th 03, 02:15 AM
SlinkyToy

I make snickerdoodles (which are just sugarcookies rolled in
cinnamon-sugar before baking), quickbreads (pumpkin, banana, zucchini
if somebody in the neighborhood is running a hothouse and foolishly
lets the zucchini move in for the winter), and sour cream sugar
cookies. Sometimes I make meringue cookies, but they're more work
than they're worth IMO and too similar in character to marshmallows,
which I despise.

I also make pie (pumpkin, fruit, pecan, pecan-custard and
pecan-pumpkin). Very occasionally I get really ambitious and make my
own chocolate truffles, but with a "helper" around that's difficult to
do effectively.

I also make yeast bread, yeasted rolls, cornbread, blah blah blah

Oh wait, these are all things I make year-round!

Michelle
Munching on yesterday's banana bread and contemplating entirely too
much knitting yet to do by Xmas...

But the house is (nearly) clean!

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:13:55 -0500, "seaspray" seaside stitcher @
yahoo. com wrote:

What does everyone bake for the holidays? Is there a dish that you are
famous for or always make every year? For me, I make Italian Cookies. I
do not know if they are from Italy, but that is the name of the cookie.
They are soft rounds that are iced and decorated. It just wouldn't be
Christmas without them. How about you?