Old September 4th 19, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default How to Charge for Cross Stitch Commission Work???

On Friday, October 5, 2012 at 8:18:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After stitching for many years now, am at a point where would like to look into doing commissioned work. But not sure how to locate clients (thinking Etsy??), how much to charge per piece - materials, labor, etc. And how to vary that by the complexity of the work, the type of material sewing on 14 ct, 18 ct, etc, cotton vs. linen, over 1 versus over 2.

If anyone is currently doing commission work, would appreciate any advice on getting started. Also if doing work and selling on your own, where are you selling it and how much are you charging (how do you figure out what to charge??)?

Hi is there anyone on here who is doing commission work?? I know it has been several years; this post came up when I googled. Let me know if you are interested in a job I have; it includes all materials and is 2/3 done - the original stitcher passed away and we are trying to get the job done for her family member. Many thanks!
Merrie Beth