Old September 29th 03, 01:47 AM
Christina Peterson

Elise, if you bead "around the corner" to the back, the beads will be a
balanced/tight setting for the cab, and it won't matter if the kind of
interfacing is premo or not. The people I know up here are not all that
picky.

Tina

"EL" wrote in message
The one in Beadwork is attached to a brickstich base, which is kinda neat.

But my real question about backing is whether or not Lacy's Stiff Stuff is
worth ordering, since I can't find it locally and since it seems to be so
highly recommended in most sets of directions I've read.

Elise

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Check out the October/November Beadwork magazine. Page 30. There's cab
instructions there that may help answer some of your questions about

backing
materials, etc. HTH!

Question 1 is about backing. The directions I have always read said to

glue
your cab to Lacy's Stiff Stuff. We just glued ours to leather, which

was
bit hard to sew through, then just glued another scrap of leather on

top
of
that to cover up the stitch lines. This resulted in a fairly thick,

fairly
bumpy back since the leather had been wadded up in a bag. I'm assuming
Lacy's Stiff Stuff would have been easier and neater for the first

layer,
but I'm also wondering if any non-wover interfacing would do as well?

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links