Old June 3rd 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses

Default Seeking Other Doll House Lovers

Good for you Melody!
I am 33 & refused to allow my parents to give away my childhood
dollhouse, it was built by my Dad for the Sunshine family but I scaled
it down to the 1/12th and refurnished it. I now have 3 dollhouses
including the first one, and they are all works in progress (with a
green house & a place for a wishing well). None of my dollhouses are
from kits & the actual scale is a little off, but close enough for
1/12th scale.They are each a one of a kind creation that were obviously
custom built for some special child who forgot how to play. Our
apartment is tiny so when guests are coming to stay a weekend, I have
to have a months notice just to arrange the "Dollhouse Room". I love
making all things mini and just recently started buying tools for this
(I love my Dremel!) I have been collecting etc for years and I don't
even want to guess what I have paid over the years and I really don't
care. It brings me Joy!! Great web site.
NEVER STOP PLAYING.
ps. funny thing I just got off the phone with my Dad, guess what he
wants to do with his retirement....make miniature furniature for
dollhouses!