Old August 8th 17, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default New stash!

On 8/8/2017 3:05 PM, Arliss Link wrote:
Yeah, but. I found 3 distinctly different greens in 503,and I was
halfway through Teresa Wentzler's English Cottage Sampler when I ran
out of one. I ended up having to combine one ply of 503 and one ply of
523 (or 524) to approximate the color I'd been using. Moral: make sure
you have enough of your color before you start - although not many
designers will tell you if you need more than one.

Good point!

Why didn't you ask me about the 503? I probably have the old skein!

It also points out a problem with purchasing old patterns...the fibers
may no longer exist. I ran into that just last week with the
Independence Day np I got. Luckily, Laura Perin is still around and
sent me the list of alternate fibers!

Sooo, I did a search and found this little chart:
https://melitastitches4fun.files.wor...015/07/dmc.jpg

And this is from Mary Beth Lewis's page, a designer who used to be on
rctn: http://www.marthabeth.com/DMC_dyelots.html

Since this was from 1998, I have no idea if the address listed is still
valid, but it might be worth a shot.

In any case, the changes have been few, considering the number of colors
DMC produces.

Arliss (waiting to see the doctor about that knee, Joan)

And I'm still waiting to hear the results!

BTW, nice to "see" you here again!!!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures