Old August 19th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Default knitting smarter was Knitting speed ??

The Other Kim wrote:
Aaron, I read through everything you wrote. Just from my perspective,
as one who prefers to knit textures and lace, speed is the farthest
thing from my mind. Even when I'm knitting a plain sock it's not a
concern. I don't understand the "need for speed" that's so prevalent in
society. Why can't knitting be an enjoyable leisurely endeavor? With
my days as hectic as they are, with kids, job, regular household chores,
medical issues, and now the extra work of putting the house back
together after having wood floors installed, it's nice to pick up the
needles at night and relax.

Your last comment about knitting smart came off to me as dissing those
of us who choose to not knit as quickly or "efficiently" as possible.
Hel, I know my knitting style is suboptimal and would rightly be called
inefficient, but I honestly can't pick; I simply cannot hold the yarn in
my left hand properly (I'm dominantly right handed and can't do much of
anything with my left hand). Trust me, I've tried many times, and
others have tried to show me how but all have given up when it became
obvious that my left hand is incapable of independent thought g

Speed knitting may be fine for some, but let me and other "inefficient"
knitters plod along, okay?

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Not to mention that knitting fast can result in tendonitis or other
repetitive stress problems.

sue