Old December 10th 13, 11:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Bucilla kit question

On 12/9/13, 12:46 PM, wrote:
I have occasionally done needlepoint projects over the years, and I
have a new kit that I want to start. The last kit i did i somehow
made a minor mistake in assigning the colors and ran out of yarn,
but was able to salvage it by buying the same kit off of ebay lol. I
figured I would pay closer attention to the directions this time and
step 5 in the directions says to separate the strands of yarn and
there is a depiction of two hands pulling apart the 3 ply strand into
what looks like a 2 ply strand and a single strand. I have never
done this before in any kit I have done and never run out of yarn
except this last time. If I do separate the strands, do I separate
them all to single ply? I have never done this before and never had
a problem. Thanks for any input

Hi

doesn't the kit tell you how many strands to use? Even when I'm using
all three stands of yarn I separate them and then recombine them

Cherl