Old November 2nd 13, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C

Default HELP

Ruth wrote:

I just started working again on my Celtic Spring and noticed that THERE'S A HOLE IN THE FABRIC! oh woe is me, I've done so much of the piece already, over 1/3 finished and I really don't wanna start over. Does anyone have any idea on how to cover it, fix it somehow? I would be eternally grateful.

If it's in a place that will be stitched over, just cut a patch, hold it
on the back of the fabric, and stitch through it. If it's in a place
that will be visible, you can attempt to weave with a thread from the
edge, but if that doesn't look good, either figure out something to
stitch over that mend, or throw up your hands.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 9/10/13 Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady poppy birthday card

WIP: Stitchers Days of Christmas
http://www.crossstitchjoy.com/catalo...oducts_id=3865
Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono (Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

COPYRIGHT 2013 -- PERMISSION GIVEN TO POST ON
USENET AND GOOGLE GROUPS NEWSREADER ONLY,
BUT IF FOUND ON TWITTER OR SEWGIRLS/INSPIREPOINT,
IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
WHICH CONSTITUTES ILLEGAL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT