Old September 15th 05, 03:09 AM
5string

Default New to this newsgroup

Hi everyone. I am new to the group so I don't know what questions have been
asked. Here's mine...

I've been making pottery at a community studio for the past 3-4 years. This
studio uses gas fired (cone 10) kiln and glazes. Recently, I've been using
a couple of different slips (dark blue, chrome green, etc...) and covering
them with nelson celedon. [The glazes are provided by the studio. They
also have an amber celedon and "g" celedon (which might stand for green or
ginny -- I am not sure, but it is more greenish than the nelson celedon)].

So..., here is my question. Are there other clear/transparent high fire
glazes that will work over slips in a high-fired, gas kiln? I would like to
try different color slips, but want a glaze that is something lighter and/or
more transparent than the greenish/bluish color the nelson celedon. (I
should note, I have no control over the kiln because it is a community
kiln.)

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Rick