Old September 12th 09, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default OT update on this week's crisis

There's a really good book on depression that your DH might want to
read: http://www.noondaydemon.com/.
Glad things are going a bit better for you -hang in there!
Roberta in D

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:06:22 -0700, Anne Rogers
wrote:

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and prayers.

For those of you that weren't clear, I am definitely in treatment for my
depression, I'm on meds, see a psychotherapist and have been recommended
a group therapy that I should join, which starts in October.

One of the problems has been that my husband is the kind of man that
calls a spade a spade, it's not that he doesn't care about my
depression, but he can't really evaluate my mood and probably wouldn't
change how he treated me anyway. I think he is verging on being unable
to see depression as an illness and purely thinks that it's a matter of
fixing problems.

There are a lot of problems that I can work on, but it will be a slow
process, meanwhile, I'm still ill, I'm doing very well, but I'm on a
huge dose of medication, which can sometimes create problems of it's own.

Rather frustratingly, as CPS did assign us a social worker, because he
couldn't see us until today and my psychiatrist doesn't work Fridays,
I'm not supposed to be alone with the kids until he has spoken with her.
Despite her saying to both of us on Wednesday that I'm not a risk to the
kids and that she wouldn't be saying that unless she was 100% confident
of it as professionally, if she was wrong, it would be disasterous for her.

This will make Monday morning challenging, having to get two kids to
schools in opposite directions, then me to an appointment with the
psychiatrist, a task that would usually mean I took one kid and the baby
and DH took the other. Hopefully the necessary phone calls will happen
on Monday and we'll no longer have that hanging over us.

Meanwhile, I'm exhausted, I'm sleeping very badly and the constant round
of meetings is emotionally exhausting, I could see my husband's regret
and disappointment when I said I have to rest this afternoon.

Weather forecast is fantastic for this weekend, so we could really do
with a gentle family activity, but I'm all out of ideas!

Cheers
Anne