Old November 15th 04, 04:28 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I'm ready to switch to cotton anyway, cause I'm so frustrated, so I'll try
that in a little while. I'm also having trouble with the satin stitching
bunching up on itself. You know where it keep stitching over & over in the
same place! Doesn't she know I just want to get these things made!!
I'll keep you posted!

Pauline
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
link.net...
Okay, since it seems we're the only two up right now. What happens if you
thread the SM with whatever you ordinarily stitch with? That is, is that
particular spool of rayon thread causing a problem? Is stitching okay if
you swap your needle thread over to plain old Coats & Clark or whatever

you
usually use? Could be your problem is something silly like your rayon

spool
wanting to be turned upside-down. Could be a fuzzy giblet in the needle
threading area. Check and see if it's the thread that's the problem or

the
Viking is unhappy. Mercy. An unhappy Viking could be serious. You know,
pillaging and looting and such. Polly

"Pauline O'Connell" wrote in message
. com...
I changed my needle when the thread started breaking & it didn't improve

the
situation. I've tried practice stitches on a bat sandwich & it still
breaks. Mostly it's the upper thread, but sometimes the bobbin thread
breaks as well. When I'm threading the machine, everything feels smooth
until I thread the needle, then I can feel the tightness on the thread.
I checked the bobbin case. It doesn't roll out of it's case, but comes

out
slowly. It was too tight, but I loosened it earlier.
And you qualify as "real help". Thanks so much for responding. I'm

feeling
like I just need to use cotton, but I have so much rayon & it is nice on

the
bowls!

Pauline
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
link.net...
Just a quick question before real help arrives. Does all go well if

you
are
stitching with this thread on just two plain old thicknesses of

cotton?
That is, are you having trouble with your combination of bowl plus
stabilizer? Usually, the Viking #1+ can just do anything; maybe your

new
needle is defective (it happens). One more question. Take out your

bobbin
and bobbin case. Hold the bobbin and case assembled together carefully

over
your lap by the thread. Does it slide down very slowly, rapidly, not

at
all?
Polly

"Pauline O'Connell" wrote in message
om...
Hope someone has some advise for me. I have a Viking #1+ & I'm

attempting
to make some fabric bowls, using rayon thread. My thread breaks

about
every
half inch that I sew. I've tried loosing the top tension & the

bottom
tension. I tried threading the thread through the hole in the

bobbin
casing. I'm using a new denim needle. What am I missing? Pleeease

..
.
.

Pauline