Old February 8th 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,alt.sewing
mirjam

Default knitting for bespoke tailoring?

Hallo Joanne , of course i stick around , esp since i can always use
my knitting needles to stick at reading and sometimes writing here ,
and my sewing and embroidery needles to stick in the subjects i don`t
agree with.
Where have you been?

All the Time in Israel , mostly in Haifa , with some traveling to
Jerushalayim , to visit a friend or /and going to listen to some
specail lectures or congresses or conventions that interest me.

I Curated an exhibition for a friend who is also an Artist/Curator ,
but decided she can`t curate her own exhibition + launching a book
that included a collection of her writing +related works. I have
Curated artists/curtaors before , but as artists in a group
exhibtion . this was a new experience since it was all about her art.
Thus we had some serious talking before working , in which we agreed
which `job` each of us will do, and how and when we should be
responsible , when she has her Curator`s ideas. It was a very
interesting , intelectual as well as a emotional process. We had to
Ballance
friendship , professional decisions, Tottal different opinions towards
how one should arrange an exhibition . I am proud to say we came out
even better friends , we both learned from each other`s curating
ideas.

Our daughter Hosted Roberto Gini for a set concerts, with her Barouque
trio , and they peformed all over in
full halls .[he also gave master classes, and he also stayed in our
house and we traveled the north with him and had great fun] .

Our friend with the Fiber gallery closed after 100 exhibitions she put
in 16 years. But we [ she and me] are now going to exhibit "the Magic
Wands " we showed at her gallery , with more items [ it is a bigger
gallery] , in Holon [ next week ] thus we were busy working with the
artists etc.... as i also exhibit in this [ hence the Co -Curating] ,
i made a third work , to add to the 2 i showed in the first
exhibition.
this time ui made a work that relates to the fact that a Knitting
stitch is called AYIN in Hebrew . Ayin is also an EYE , and a Spring
[of water] , thus i knitted a pictorial image of all kinds of Idioms
and pharses that use the word Ayin=Eye
it was such a fun playful work to do ... Now it is finished and the
other Cuartor accepted it with a smile ..
She could of course not like it ... but she did .

thank you for the Interest and thus i told you some of the things that
happened ,,
Be well
mirjam

*I've missed seeing your posts! *Hope you can stick
around.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.comhttp://members.tripod..com/~bernardschopen/