Old June 18th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Johnno

Default Vanilla Ice vs MC Hammer

On the bus this morning there was a young fellow with an iPod. He was
sitting several metres away, but I could clearly hear it. That
relentless bash bash 4/4 rhythm was like some kind of torture. What
it was doing to his brain, let alone his ears, I hate to imagine.

So give me Bach any time. Not so much into Buxtehude, but I like him
too. Mind you, I can't get into Bach's vocal music, so the masses and
cantatas are a dead loss to me, but all his other stuff I enjoy. In
fact I have the complete Bach organ works, as well as pretty much all
of his other manual keyboard music, on my iPod. I felt like getting
mine out this morning and competing with that poor rock fan.

Johnno