Old May 6th 04, 05:21 PM
SBCKeating

I have the Needlework System 4 - bought it a few years ago when it first came
out I think. I love it! It is very stable and it is easy to flip it over to
get to the back of the piece. Can't think of anything bad to say about it!

They didn't have the 'travel' version when I ordered mine, but I would like to
get that some day. Mine is portable as is since it does fold up, but the
travel one folds up to a shorter length which would be nice.

Bonnie

Subject: Does anyone use and recommend the Ultimate Needlework System 4?
Date: 5/6/2004 9:41 AM Central Standard Time

I love my system 4. It is extremely steady. The Lowery seems
quite tippy to me -- most people I know who use a Lowery
need to put a weight on the base to keep it from moving. I've
never had to do that with the System 4. I also like that it
is quite collapsible -- folds up easily and even goes in my suitcase.

On Thu, 6 May 2004, sewingsusan wrote:

Hi! I am new to this list. I recently started doing crewel
embroidery and have discovered it to be a "crewel addiction" :-). I
did a search and read some past posts on crewel embroidery - for now I
have been learning the ropes with some "vintage" Erica Wilson and Elsa
Williams kits which I got off of Ebay. Since I so love doing this,
and find it to be very relaxing and peaceful, I want to invest in the
right "tools". I have a bit of a windfall coming to me in the next
month or so, and in anticipation I am plotting my splurges :-).

I know the Lowery Workstation is quite popular amongst serious
stitchers, but I ran across the "Ultimate Needlework System 4" while
doing a search on the internet for needlework stands, and it seems to
me to have a few advantages over the Lowery. Here is the link, for
anyone who may be interested:

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Stands/System_4.htm

I did a search and someone else asked this question about 5 years ago,
and no one responded. I am hoping there will be a response this time.
:-)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Sewing Susan
Maplewood, MN