Old August 14th 03, 03:56 AM
Jay Adair

How about "too expensive a piece of glass to risk a bad break"....?

I was once making some panels for my front door and sidelights, using only
clear glass with lots of different textures, some thick & wavy, some thinner
and very ripply, but they were all difficult to cut. I wasted a fair amount
of glass and ended up having to modify my patterns to accommodate "close,
but not quite right" pieces of glass.

So if I were to cut a large piece of "difficult" glass again, I would be
tempted to use the ring saw so that my money could be spent on "new" glass,
not "replacement" glass.

Thanks to all who provided input....I think I will get one in the near
future.

Jay

"Howard" wrote in message
IMPOSSIBLE CUTS=
difficulty in foiling
very subject to cracking
in most cases not appreciated or un-necessary

In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!