Old August 14th 03, 03:40 PM
Louis Cage

I've got one and I like it just fine.
Negative: It is loud and has a big kerf.
Positive: you can make impossible cuts (which work great on mosaics, but
should be avoided in stained glass) and you can cut other materials as well
(stone and ceramic). Since a lot of my business is sandblast etching, this
comes in handy when making blanks.

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Jay Adair" wrote in message
I've been doing glass work as a hobby for 20 years (mostly window panels,
but a few mosaic table tops, birdbaths, etc.) and have only used a grinder
for finishing the pieces of glass, before foiling. But I saw a
demonstration of a Taurus ring saw at my local glass store the other day

and
it seemed very interesting.

$300 is a substantial outlay, but perhaps the benefits are worth it? I do

couple, 3 projects a year, but might do more with this little gem...

Any advice on it? Replacement blades expensive?

(It seems it would open up a world of glass shapes that are otherwise
impossible to achieve...)

Thanks,

Jay