Old August 13th 03, 11:55 PM
Kathi Gose

Default Taurus Ring Saw....good?

I have a Taurus saw. I like it. I like the advantage of being able to cut in
any direction. The blades aren't cheap though, usually in the $80 range. I
search on stained glass supply sites and order from the cheapest one. They
are "supposed" to last 100 cut hours. I think the longest mine have lasted
is 40 cut hours. However, the one I have in now is fast bypassing that time
length. I think the blades are getting better. They also have a seperating
blade for making inside cuts. I bought one and decided that those were not
worth the money. Others milages may vary with that blade.

I also have a speedster saw. It's ok.....but I would rather use the Taurus.
Good luck!

Kathi
Others milages may vay on this saw

"Jay Adair" wrote in message
I've been doing glass work as a hobby for 20 years (mostly window panels,
but a few mosaic table tops, birdbaths, etc.) and have only used a grinder
for finishing the pieces of glass, before foiling. But I saw a
demonstration of a Taurus ring saw at my local glass store the other day

and
it seemed very interesting.

$300 is a substantial outlay, but perhaps the benefits are worth it? I do

couple, 3 projects a year, but might do more with this little gem...

Any advice on it? Replacement blades expensive?

(It seems it would open up a world of glass shapes that are otherwise
impossible to achieve...)

Thanks,

Jay