Old May 24th 05, 01:51 AM

Default Hand Worked Button Hole

I am trying to learn how to do button holes by hand for the coat and
considering where I am in the basic learning curve, I am not too
unhappy with the progress.

I would consider the best so far good enough for my coat but the
problem remaining is that they are much nicer looking on the top side
than the bottom. I presume they should look the same from both
sides?

My coat is double breasted so the lapel would have the not so pretty
side showing when not buttoned unless I stitched it upside down.

Is there any particular trick to making both sides look the same?

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com