Old August 24th 04, 04:44 AM
Lamedeer

I work with silver only and I never heat my pickle pot. I find it to be not
necessary. But, I'm not concerned about volume production.

If you are concerned about using sulfuric acid (Sparex) in the kitchen then,
if you are working with silver, Tarnex works as well although differently.
It's not as toxic. But, your pickle pot probably isn't as acidic as the
vinigar you use unless you mix it to the point of non-ionization.

"Charlie" wrote in message
Sorry, I've had lots of questions lately! Could a pickle pot be as simple
as a small Pyrex dish with a lid on the lowest (electric) hob setting? My
"studio" is my kitchen so it would be convenient! I could probably

stretch
to a slow cooker type thing which I've seen recommended but I'd have to
store it somewhere!

Charlie.

---