Old November 26th 05, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Default Want to Learn Pottery

If you haven't already, try the local community college and check with
pottery stores in the area to see if they know of some place that has
classes. Sometimes local potters will teach out of their studios.

I just did a quick google search. Try:
http://www.elpasoartmuseum.org/classes.asp
http://www.elpasotexas.gov/parks/memorial.asp (if you're a senior)

deg

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:43:58 GMT, Bubba wrote:

Thanks for responding. I live in El Paso, TX.

Eddie Daughton wrote:
Where abouts in the world are you??? with that info someone may know of a
good place...
Hugs
Eddie
"Bubba" wrote in message

Hello to all,

In the city where I live, I have been trying to find someone to teach
pottery. However, I have been unsuccessful. The local university teaches
pottery, but requires all sorts of prerequisites to take the course. And,
I don't want to work towards an art degree just to take a pottery class.

Given the local situation, can anyone recommend a good book that may
provide the basics of pottery and where a good source maybe to find some
used equipment to just get started?

Thanks!!

John