Old October 1st 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.dollhouses
Dawn

Default the KC NAME show

What a disappointment. Our local spring show was cancelled so the
national show could be held this fall. I'm not sure what the point was,
this wasn't any larger than we usually get. And, it was downtown at the
Crown Plaza, alongside the quilt show, the KC Royal parade, Octoberfest,
and some kind of kid's carnival. I'm amazed we found parking.

Looked like there was about 25 vendors, some with lovely things, but
much of what I saw was 1/2 or 1/4 scale. Doesn't anyone do 1:12 any more?

The vendor hall and exhibit didn't open to the public until after noon.
That's ok, I can understand paid attendees getting first crack at it.
But then there was a $5 entrance fee! Surprised me as there was no
mention of that on their web page or flyers. Grumble grumble.

The exhibit was another disappointment. The theme of the show was pets,
and there were some cute pet shop window displays, and several tables
with roomboxes. The quality of the roomboxes ranged from ok to awful. I
really didn't see anything that took my breath away, and only one I'd
want to take home with me -- a harvest scene done inside a ceramic
pumpkin napkin holder. There were a few rooms I remembered from the last
show.

Overall, it was one of the least inspiring mini shows I've ever seen. I
hope the rest of the country hasn't gotten this bad. Almost makes me
want to give up the hobby.

Dawn