Old October 9th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default photo transfer sheets

I checked mine, Julia, and find the same thing. Milliken's Printed
Treasures asks for cold water, gentle cycle and mild detergent. You could,
of course, attach a care label but who knows if it would be read or not?
Seems to me you'll want to make your own durability tests before you put
your heart into a quilt that is extremely fragile. Polly

"Julia in MN" How well do photo transfer sheets wash? I give away a lot
of quilts and
hesitate to use anything that isn't going to stand up to repeated machine
laundering in warm water with regular laundry detergent. A lot of folks
are not willing to give a quilt any special laundry treatment and I would
not want the transfers to wash out after a couple washings. I know the
June Tailor brand says washable, but the fine print says cold water, no
soap or detergent; I wouldn't even consider those. How well do other
brands wash? Can they be machine dried?