Old March 16th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Default I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

FC... wrote:
Well those are both some pretty good points to consider...

Question regarding the 'Combo Mills or Wire Only Mills'.

What is it that you jewelers make the most of with the 'grooved'
portion of the rollers. I understand that they make Square and Half
Round wire... Is that correct ?

No. Typically the wire mill is only used to reduce the gauge of heavy
stock to smaller gauge in preparation for working the wire through a
draw plate. That is what I use my wire mill for 99% of the time.

What is it that proves so
indispensable with the wire portion of the Mill (or a wire only
mill) ?

Gauge reduction of raw stock

Does it allow you to make a 'particular type of wire' ?

No.

If you are only getting one mill, get a flat mill.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com