Old March 12th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

On Mar 7, 3:42 am, "FC..." wrote:
Need to get a new Rolling Mill. =A0I don't really want to spend any more
than about $700.00 as my use for it will be VERY basic (texturing
metal, flattening out small ingots). =A0I know nothing about 'rolling
mills' so any suggestions or information would be very welcome.

Thanks,

/FC....

Durston has recently made available a pair of very affordable Mills.
Both have a gear ratio of 4:1 which makes it very easy to do roller
printing. One is a 100mm combination rolling mill for about $710 and
the other is a 100mm Flat rolling mill for about $699.00. They were
able to bring down the price by removing the extension rollers that
did the 1/2 round wire. Which i think few people used anyway.
Rio Grande carries them as well as the other jewlery suppliers that
carry Durston mills.
I hope this is of some help
Mark Nelson
Rio Grande Tech support