Old June 16th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Botched Efforts

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm glad you shared that with us Murielle. When my mom passed away,
my dad gave me 6 huge plastic bags full of moms yarn. In one of them,
I found 12 balls of teal blue and varigated teals/blues yarn already
wound up into balls ready to be used. When I thought about it, one of
the last times I talked to mom, she had mentioned making my older
brother an afghan and we decided what colours he liked best. I know
it was the yarn for Jims afghan, mom wanted to make sure we all had an
afghan that she had made (to remember her by, I'm sure). Well, I made
up that afghan, in the ripple pattern that mom always used. I had to
hurry because dad was flying out to see my brother for his birthday.
I had it finished in 2 1/2 weeks! (I work full time so it was a
challenge but worth it. I could just imagine mom looking *down* and
being happy that my brother got his afghan after all! And I felt good
about doing it, it was one last thing I could do for mom.
Marie and the cats

What a wonderful thing to do, Marie. I'm so glad you shared your story
with us. What you did is so special. Not just for your brother, but for
you ... and for your mother, too.

Hugs,
Murielle

On Jun 13, 11:46 pm, "MSey" wrote:
"Vintage Purls" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 10, 3:42 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Vintage ,, ig=f you have plenty ,, WHY NOT DO something with THEM
yourself ,?, mirjam

Oh I don't really have "plenty". But I have a few, and I do have the
best of intentions of finishing them. If I really think a project
isn't working out I tend to undo it and save the yarn for something
else. But I did just inherit a number of my mother's unfinished
projects and I'm feeling a little crowded by plastic bags with
knitting needles poking out of them.

VP

After my mom passed in '99 I found a number of her UFO's. I spent the
better part of 2000, 2001 finishing her projects. It was really healing,
you know. I felt very close to her while I worked.

Murielle