Old September 26th 04, 08:50 AM
NE333RO

Reviewed the sections in the Complete Metalsmith but as usual, more
questions than answers.

The reason that you have more questions than answers is that you don't have
the background needed. The reason you don't have the background needed is that
you want things taught to you in the manor you want it taught. Not in the
sequence it should actually be taught in.

I am looking forward to the experience but it seems that email defeats the
purpose of the ng.

Well usually, just not in your case. The problem is, you want to know what
you want to know. Even without benefit of the knowledge needed to fully
appreciate what you are being told. People trying to learn about the subject
matter, from reading what is written to you, will generally not get enough
information for it to be usefull.

My guess is that most of the readers don't know any more
than I do

I can't argue with that. The problem is that they will not learn much from
things written to you. You want advanced information without benefit of the
preceding groundwork. People without LOTS of experimental time will not be able
to use most of the info posted for you.

but are too intimidated by the trolls to ask questions.

Doubtful.

As a starting point, I melted some silver and poured it into a shallow sand
mold thinking that I could pound it into sheet metal but gave up in disgust.

Imagine that. Do you know why?