Old June 29th 05, 06:12 PM
Monika Schleidt

Bubbles wrote:
Hi guys!

What I have been doing up until now is to slop my lefotovers (a LOT when you
are a newbie on the wheel!) into a 10-liter bucket. Then I crunch the bits
down into maximum 2 cm bits or less.

But is 10 liters of clay too much to reclaim at once on a gypsum board? Am I
being too impatient?

Give me your tips on manually reclaimin clay, please!

Servus Marianne,

I have a lot of clay to recycle, since i have children here working once
a week. I found it the easiest way to let it dry completely, bonedry,
then put it in a bucket, pour water over it to cover it, after a couple
of days I syphon the water off the top, use a drill with one of those
mixing fixtures to make a nice cream out of it and then spread it out
onto a plasterboard of two, about two inches thick, leave it there,
depending on weather conditions, and then wedge it to make usable clay
again. If you have bits which are almost leatherhard and submerge them
in water, they will never become soft.
If this sounds a bit complicated, send me an email and i can explain it
in german.

Liebe Gruesse, Monika

--
Monika Schleidt

www.schleidt.org/MSKeramik
if you wish to write me a mail, remove the number from my user name