Old January 23rd 15, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Default Eyes -- an update

I got my fancy new "old man" glasses two days ago. Progressive lenses. Fancier than no-line bifocals, but they follow the same idea. So far so good on general usage about town, although I just generally feel more aware of my glasses than usual. The best I can describe it is as having sort of a goggle-like feel to them. That might be the poor peripheral correction, which is the nature of the beast, I'm told.

Last night I stitched with the new specs. Again: so far so good. I still squinted over the top for a couple of wee things (what symbol is that half stitch? threading blending filament, etc.), but in general, I felt like my old self (er, my younger self?) and could see what I was doing.

Happy ending so far, with no magnifiers. I do appreciate the many suggestions, though. There will likely come a day when I'll end up trying out some sort of magnifier.

--Danny