Old December 31st 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Default OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

I'm thinking about getting a Kobo. It's put out by Borders and comes
preloaded with something like 100 books. I think they're some of the
"classics" that are no longer copyrighted. You can download books from
the library with the Kobo, but it doesn't come with audio, so you can't
listen to audio books or music on it. According to the reviews, it isn't
fancy, but it's a good basic reader to start with (no internet, no
keyboard, no 3G). It doesn't appear that you can share with others, but
I don't plan to buy books - I'll download them from the library. Oh, and
it's very lightweight - something like 8 oz. I think.

I've been listening to a lot of audio books this past year, and I really
like that. I'm just not sure about getting an ereader, because I know me
too well! With the audio books, I can do other things - quilt, knit,
sew, clean - but if I have an ereader, I'm afraid I'll spend too much
time on the couch reading!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 12/30/2010 10:14 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
I used to have a sign in my office that said, in part, "We have studied
the question and have come up with questions at a higher level."
Me too.
I imagine I would like to have one of those. But there are so many
questions to consider. Such as, if I have a book on mine and want to
share it with my sister, can I?
Will my 'book' communicate with our public library? How in the Sam Hill
do you return a copy when the time's up?
I see that some of them come with ear pod somethings. Why would I need
them to read a book?
Just a personal problem, I expect, but I borrowed one from a friend, a
much older model ( the book, not the friend). I thought it was dim, slow
and heavy.
Are some models easier on old eyes? Are some easier for old brains?
Do you have one and have a ' I wish I could' list? Do you tolerate it or
love it? Polly